Monday, June 1, 2009

Retrieval

I admit, I was skeptical that I'd ever make it to retrieval - but there I was at Ye Olde Fertility Clinic today. And they didn't throw me out for having taken my trigger shot early er, late- they just moved me a bit later in the schedule (not by much). Somehow, I had actually made it to retrieval for IVF#2. I hope I don't have to find out what it's like to get to retrieval #3.

Anyway, SuperDoc got 14 eggs - which is phenomenal.

I also love that he came down to do my retrieval... he wasn't the doctor scheduled to do retrievals today, but he came down to do mine, which I really appreciated. I'm in a fair bit of pain, but they gave me fentanyl, morphine, and vicodin at the clinic, and armed me with a bottle full of vicodin for my house. Now I'm really spacey and exhausted and completely incapable of being witty or interesting, but that's what you get.

Fert report tomorrow. The waiting begins

12 comments:

Kitty said...

Wow! 14 eggs! Prayers for you have started.

Carol said...

Hey - 14 - that's fabulous! I can't wait to hear your fertilization report!! And wow, what a story about the trigger shot.

Anonymous said...

14 is great.

And did you know your stupid notifier thing isn't working . . . I got one email today with notificatino for the last 12 posts.

Meghan said...

14 is fantastic! So glad it went well and you got Super Doc.

Waiting with you for those fert results...

Lori said...

Awesome! 14 is much better than expected. After all the hell you went through with your trigger shot you deserve some good news. Think what an interesting story you will have to tell your baby some day!

barrenisthenewblack said...

You do realize that you are reporting through your opiate haze that you took your trigger EARLY, right? If that's your story I won't correct you:)
Glad you got a sports team out of those softballs. Get some rest

Imagica said...

WOW! 14eggs?!! i hope i will get plentiful eggs like you in my next cycle! hope to hear your fert report soon!

nishkanu said...

So, so happy for you that things worked out so far. You had me scared bejeezusless with the trigger shot story. Great save, great outcome. Here's hoping and praying for you that things continue on the upward swing.

GibsonTwins said...

That is wonderful!! Now, go take it easy (well as easy as you can with three toddlers lol)

battynurse said...

You got vicodin?? I think I like your doctor. All I ever got was take some tylenol. Yay for 14 eggs!!! sounds great and I hope the fertilization report is great.

Shelby said...

14?! That rocks!! Here's to hoping most of them are mature and fertilize really well! Good luck sweetie!

Steph said...

14 eggs is great! Sorry I hadn't followed along - I just got an e-mail w/ all your past 13 posts. Looking forward to hearing how things progress! BTW - with that crazy story of this cycle almost not happening for lack of trigger, this will absolutely work!