Thursday, May 21, 2009

Change in Plans for the Cured One

Yep.  I'm being treated as a non-PCO patient now.  Go figure.  Turns out my e2 level wasn't 439, but it was high.  They like to see it under 50 at the Lupron Evaluation and mine was 93.  That's three cycles in a row of elevated e2 at the LE.  Sigh.  So much for my Coke theory - I haven't had a drop this cycle.  Now I'm going to drink one with wild abandon, darnit.  Starting now (or as soon as I finish this post).

 

Righteo.

 

Anyway, SuperDoc also noted that since I'm not acting all PCO and my reaction to the stims so far has been lackluster, we're going to treat me as a non-PCO patient and see where that gets me.  SO, tonight I take 300 units Follistim & 75 of Luveris.  Tomorrow morning I drop my Lupron down to FIVE measely units (rock ON!). 

Return to the office for monitoring on Sunday as planned.

 

Game on!

3 comments:

Mrs. Flakey Flakes said...

I'm glad things are going on as planned. I remember my E2 levels were pretty high like that at the start of my IVF cycle too. I hope this cycle works out for you!! I'll be thinking of you!

Lori said...

Yeah to 5 units of Lupron. Hopefully the combo of lower Lupron and a few lovely Cokes will make you feel better this cycle.

Also, about your last post about a triplet pregnancy "curing" PCOS. That isn't my problem, but I know 2 triplet moms with PCOS who found out they are pregnant with surprise babies in the last week. One of them just lost a bunch of weight too.

Kitty said...

Congratulations on your "cure", even though in some ways it might be maddening? Our infertile bodies can be so frustrating at times.
And a quick question: are there better infertility blogging communities that are found outside of a google search? Good luck w/the Sunday stuff.