Thursday, May 28, 2009

same and back tomorrow

The doc at monitoring today thought I *might* trigger today, but I was skeptical. Turned out, I was right to be skeptical - "same and back tomorrow..." which is the same instruction I get every day. I have three or four mature folllicles, some of which I'm probably going to lose and a whole lot of smaller follicles that they want to give time to catch up. So there you go. My right ovary is still (as usual) subpar, but what are you going to do?

So I have to go back to the clinic tomorrow, which is a logistical nightmare because it's a Jewish Holiday (Shavuos), but I have a friend who agreed to take me, and all the important details are taken care of, so that's all that matters.

I'm extraordinarily uncomfortable - it feels like I have canteloupes for ovaries right now, and I assure you, I don't have room in there for two canteloupes. I will simply take this as a good sign of lots of growth even if we're not seeing it all on the ultrasound. Yeah, that's it.

3 comments:

lilkatie52 said...

Hoping for a good result today! Keeping everything crossed for you

battynurse said...

I just realized this morning that I hadn't gotten any e-mails for a while that you were posting and wondered what was up. And look at all these posts since you went password protected again. Sorry.
I hope that the next monitoring appointment goes well and that this whole thing goes well. Good luck and I'm keeping everything crossed for you!

GibsonTwins said...

Mine's the same way- email subscription isn't working I don't think. I just log in and there's new posts. I have you bookmarked so I just check it when I update mine.

Canteloupes? Ouch. That can't be comfortable. Hope that is a good sign though.