Saturday, May 30, 2009

Trigger Time... But...

There's always a but, right?

My nanny's father died suddenly on Thursday, so she is out of the country. I don't know for how long. I am assuming at least a week.

My retrieval which we THOUGHT was going to be either Saturday or Sunday is now... Monday. At almost exactly the time that I'm supposed to be at a school conference for my foster son. A school conference at which I'm paying for the pleasure of the company of the developmental pediatrician and the speech therapist.

And I thought I'd be missing that school conference, because of the retrieval... but it looks like... maybe not so much.

I thought the problem with Monday's retrieval revolved around childcare for the wee ones. For if I had no care for them, I was going to have to call the whole thing off. Which seemed like an incredible waste, no?

But.

Actually, just before 11pm tonight, I pulled out my bag o' medication and...

No trigger shot.

I forgot I used it when my last cycle was cancelled and it was the one thing I didn't refill this time around, assuming I already had it. My husband called around to all the local 24 hour pharmacies in the area and none of them have it in stock. So... I'm out of luck and I likely blew an entire cycle for nothing.

0 comments: