Wednesday, May 27, 2009

More Monitoring

I didn't update you on yesterday's monitoring because I was swamped. Anyway, yesterday's monitoring showed 1 follicle over 10mm on the right (aka: the useless ovary) and 4-5 on the right. They ranged from 16mm to 11mm. Everything else was smaller. My estrogen had jumped from 181 to 532 and my instructions were to stay on the same doses and return to the clinic today. My nurse sounded really perky about the whole thing, and honestly I was a little surprised by that. I'd been a bit down about the follicles - I had about 12 total, but half of them weren't over 10 yet and aren't showing a lot of promise, and with more than double the dose of Follistim from my first cycle (and a quarter of the Lupron), I'm not showing a much better response. I was discouraged. But she sounded so perky - and so I thought that estrogen must have been a really good sign, but who knows. I can't even tell anymore.

So I went in today and the doctor covering monitoring said right away, before the sonographer was even done with the ultrasound, "Well, we're going to need to have you back tomorrow; we've got to get your estrogen under control, and we've got to get some of those other follicles growing." He didn't sound encouraged, that's for sure. That being said, I do have 13 follicles today - but I have some clear leaders: a 21.3 and an 18.8. Everything else is much smaller. I suspect we may just lose those to let the others grow enough. We'll see. I don't know who's covering monitoring tomorrow, but I'm sure it'll be fun times, regardless.

I think I've decided to be optimistic at this point, despite the way the doctor today sounded. I know this is completely uncharacteristic for me, but hey, I like being unpredictable.

I have a couple posts floating around in my head, but I have so much going on I just can't get there. Bear with me, because they're coming. Eventually.

2 comments:

lucky #2 said...

My slow and steady wins the race cycles were the ones that worked. Hang in there.

Jody said...

Hang in there. This all would be driving me crazy.