Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Better Then I Ever Could Have Dreamed!

After being up far too late last night, I dragged myself out of bed this morning to go to Ye Olde Fertility Clinic. It wasn't easy, let me tell you. But I checked my email first and discovered that SquarePeg got two lines yesterday! So that was the first sign that maybe today isn't going to completely suck!

And then I managed to get out of the house on time (with a shower, even!), which was the second sign of the apocolypse that maybe today wouldn't completely suck.

Despite the fact that it was raining, I managed to make it to YOFC without too much trouble and I arrived at my appointment on time. (Third sign of the apocolypse, perhaps? Nah. I'm usually very punctual.)

I had a very short wait before I was called back by Dracula (definite sign of the apocolypse AND that today would not totally suck - I should have *known* that today was not going to totally suck). They drew my blood without too much trouble. Apparently I hadn't had enough to drink, so it wasn't easy but they managed.

When she was finished, she said, "I'm afraid you're in room 1 again today."
"Fine. No mobile in there, still, right?" I sighed dramatically.
"No, I'm sorry."
"You know, Dr. S. and I are going to have a TALK, he and I."
"I know..."
"Don't think I won't!"
"I'm sorry! They said they ordered one..."
"What. Ever!"
I stalked off to room one (jokingly, of course - it's not HER fault!) and walked into Room 1.

And.

I looked up.


And I let out an ENORMOUS SHRIEK of Delight!

"SURPRISE!" she shouted!

Ohmygosh, HOORAY!

For three, count 'em, THREE years I have been petitioning for that mobile. I put myself out there in the public eye for that mobile! I waited for two and a half months after those embarrassing television interviews for that mobile to appear! I have endured random people who I never expected to have seen the evening news (I mean, really? WHO WATCHES THE EVENING NEWS ANYMORE??) come up to me in all sorts of places and say, "Hey, I saw you on TV talking about that fertility thing!" to get that mobile!

And it was worth the wait, ladies. WORTH THE WAIT.

The picture was taken with my cell phone, so it doesn't do that beautiful mobile any justice at all, but it is gorgeous, really gorgeous.

I snapped a photo of it, disrobed, hopped up on the table, and while I was waiting, I emailed it to my husband with a simple note: "Hooray!" The message was still sending when M (sonographer extraordinaire) and Dr. S. walked in the room. I was still elated and overflowing with joy at the sight of that beautiful mobile. Dr. S. truly outdid himself. He told me he didn't care if it took two hours that morning, I wasn't getting any other room today, I was getting room one! Oh yeah, baby. Oh yeah.

As for today's monitoring results? I dunno. Dr. S. says I'm on the every day plan, now. My lining was 10.1. On the left, I've got a 16.3 and a 15.2. On the right, I've got a 17.7, 12.6 and a 10.4. My fears of a lead follicle are evaporating, thankfully, but there's nothing else to be seen. And I feel like - the whole point of shifting around protocol this time was to avoid another scenario where we were looking at 4-5 follicles at this stage of the game. I know I'm being greedy. And I know last time we were looking at four and ended up with 10, so all is not lost yet. But this is my 2nd of 3 tries at this clinic and then I'm done. I'm feeling anxious about it, even if I know it's unfounded. Better not to worry until I hear what my E2 and LH are, which I should know later in the day. I'll keep you updated.

Meanwhile, I feel like I have finally accomplished something. Now, all women who come after me to Ye Olde Fertility Clinic and are in the Stirrups in Room 1 will have something pretty to look at. And maybe, just maybe, that will ease their anxiety just a little. I feel like I did something for many, many infertiles to come. :)

At least, I hope I did.

3 comments:

GibsonTwins said...

Sweet!! It was the LEAST they could do for you, afterall, you do take them all kinds of homemade baked goods on a REGULAR basis! :) They totally owed that to you.

Here's hoping for many many good follicles, and that they're all currently hiding.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Hysterical--they should put up a sign in the room with the story.

Beth said...

I feel like switching to your fertility clinic just to look at that beautiful, Alexander Calder-like mobile! Well done!!! :o)