Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Reverse Psychology

Well, it turns out reverse psychology works! What the heck? I have never, ever in my entire life had a period without at least one day of completely debilitating cramps the day before, and typically for the six-to-eight hours before it appears I am in total agony. So I knew with absolute certainty when I typed my post at 1:30am that there was no possibility that my period was going to arrive any time soon. Right? Of course right.

Except that she arrived at 7am.

Ooooooooookay.

So I shouldn't be complaining, right? Of course right. I'll make my CD2 appt. for tomorrow. (CRAP, my kids have appointments at 7:30 tomorrow morning. DAMMIT! Sigh. Whatever. We'll work it out.) And that will mean they'll want me back... (let's see, Wed ... plus three, carry the two divide by the square root of 17...) Saturday. FANTASTIC. They'll probably let me hold off until Sunday. I hope.

Which will still probably mean me being back in the clinic on the last days of Passover, but it can't be helped and I just... don't care right now.

Edited to add: Hey, the lack of cramps could be related to the copious amounts of pain medicine I've been taking... except that pain medicine usually doesn't help anyway. Hmmm. Anyway, it's now 8am and the cramps are here to make up for lost time. This is going to be a *fun* day. Whee!

2 comments:

amber said...

Yay for AF! Big fat boo to cramps! :(

battynurse said...

Well at least she showed. Of course she could have for once left her pals cramps at home. Hope they don't stay too long.