Saturday, April 25, 2009

Hiatus

You'll have to pardon my brief blogging hiatus. I'm busy reading Mel's book and saying "Yes, Exactly!" periodically.

That's far more important than telling you all about the fact that I've had what feel like menstrual cramps since the day before my cycle was cancelled, despite the fact that there is no sign of my period (and why would there be? It really shouldn't be here until at least Tuesday!).

It's also far more important than telling you about how I said to my husband that I want to run a marathon next year and he said, "Okay" and didn't laugh at me. I looked at him in shock and surprise and he (being the best husband in the world) said, "I know you can do anything you decide you're going to do." I told my friend who actually does run marathons that I was joking about running a marathon next year and she said, "While you're pregnant?!?" Yeah, um, if only I had that much faith. (That being said, she did say that even wimpy, fat me could run a marathon. Um... she didn't call me wimpy OR fat... that's all me... she's much nicer than that)

But back to Mel's book. Because really. That's more important than my bitching about the fact that I have a UTI I can't do anything about because I can't get to the doctor or the fact that I hurt my shoulder and the cortisone shot I had in it isn't fixing it well enough. Because honestly? I'm Lupron-free right now and the truth is, a Lupronless life is actually pretty good!

Happy Reading!

5 comments:

battynurse said...

Oh, I need to get that book. Hope the cramps etc go away soon.

Anonymous said...

Do you have an urgent care center in Virginia yet? Go to them. They can dip a urine and treat the UTI if you can't get to the PCP. Get some relief, and then you will enjoy Mel's book all the more!

pyjammy pam said...

i did two marathons while overweight. it's certainly not impossible. (yeah, and you'd think running marathons would cause weight to drop off you? not so much. hmmph.)

i think it's easier to contemplate running a marathon while overweight than while having triplet toddlers. i can't even contemplate it while being overweight with triplet toddlers!

(not that i'm calling you overweight. i am. was then. am now. etc.)

chicklet said...

You, lady, could do anything you set your mind to. Really.

And dammit, when the hell will MY book arrive?!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Do you want the name of the world's greatest UTI doctor? He's somewhat near work for you. I know because I'm going to him myself today :-)

Shrieking about the book.