Tuesday, April 7, 2009

No Sign of AF

So per my tentative cycle schedule given to me by my nurse, I should have been expecting my period around, oh... today. (er, wait, it's now tomorrow... so what I meant by today was Monday, just so I'm clear) And if not Monday, then definitely Tuesday. But I'm not having any of the telltale signs that my period is imminent, so I'm thinking Tuesday's out, also.

It's weird. Because the one thing that's been very, very predictable since my pregnancy has been my period. And now? Nothing. Despite having most definitely ovulated two weeks ago. And I must say, this delay is putting quite the wrench in my plans. This is most definitely going to mean a trip to Ye Olde Fertility Clinic during Pesach and/or Shabbos, which is not thrilling. I am not pleased. This does not make me happy.

Of course, it will only mean a trip to YOFC if it ever shows up at all. Which, you know, maybe it won't. Becaue this is ME.

Everything else is going wrong right now. Why shoudn't this go wrong?

Oh, right. Someone asked what the deal is with Passover and kitchens. Right. I don't really have time to explain, because mine is in dissarray and I only have a matter of hours left until it needs to be totally in order again... but... for Passover, we turn over our entire kitchen... we use entirely different dishes, pots, sponges, etc. We cover all of our cooking and eating and preparation surfaces. We clean our sinks thoroughly and even pour boiling water in them to ensure any traces of chometz (leavened food) are gone. We kasher our ovens by bringing them up to extreme temperatures (either by running them on self clean cycles after leaving them empty for at least 24 hours, or by using a blow torch (literally). We lock up all of our normal every-day utensils and bring out utensils that we only use for this week of the year. We close all of our pantries and pack away all of the chometz. We buy special food. We clear our refrigerators and clean them thoroughly and fill them with only kosher-for-passover foods. We don't eat any leavened foods (chometz) or any foods that have come in contact with leavened foods.

In short? We are insane.

4 comments:

battynurse said...

Stupid AF. Always there on time when you don't want her and then when you do she's a no show. You'd think she'd figure it out. I hope she shows up soon and doesn't throw a total wrench into all your plans.
As far as that last part about being insane? Nah. You just work harder for your faith than most others. I'm sure it's probably all good to have all that stuff cleaned up etc, like spring cleaning kind of.

GibsonTwins said...

It's apparently too much to ask to have something, anything be predictable for you. Totally crappy- hoping though that maybe AF will still show up today and that you've bypassed all the shittiness of normal pre-AF symptoms this month.

That is a lot of work for Passover, I had absolutely no idea people went to such great lengths. I don't care if I had a year to prepare, my house would never be up to par for that!

amber said...

I hope AF shows, and soon!

I swear, I learn so much from your blog that it's impressive. :)

Malky B. said...

You described turning over a kitchen pretty well there. My husband would agree on the insane part!