Friday, January 30, 2009

Celebrity Status

I went to Ye Olde Fertility Clinic today for my interview with Local News Station #1 this morning. It went really well and J, the Marketing Supervisor Extraordinaire (MSE), for YOFC said I was awesome and hit all the best points possible. I don't like to brag, but... I rocked.

Seriously, if I get a DVD of it (the MSE at YOFC did promise me he'd do his best to deliver the goods) - I'll see if I can figure out how to upload it.

After the interview, I went down to meet with my nurse to sign papers in advance of tomorrow's retrieval. I disclosed to her the fact that I screwed up my trigger shot this morning... I mean, I didn't screw it up, but I was 15 minutes late (I knew this wasn't a problem, but I figured full disclosure was a good thing, right?). Anyway, she said it was completely inconsequential.

So I signed everything, educated her on the weird ways of Judaism, and as I was wrapping up, another nurse knocked on the door and told me that MSE wanted to know if I could stick around because Local News Agency #2 was on their way over and wanted to talk to me!

Well, golly! I'm in high demand!

I wasn't AS in love with this reporter and this one wasn't quite as, um, smart. But it went well, and I got to have a little more fun on camera. :)

And now I'm home and it's time to get ready for Shabbos.

I feel good about tomorrow. I think it'll be okay. I think we're going to get more eggs than expected. I think this cycle isn't going to be a bust. I hate even saying that. I hate that I'm actually putting optimism into print. I am so pissed off at myself that I'm allowing myself to make it publicly known that I have any hope, but I do.

So there.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hatzlacha!

amber said...

sounds like things are off to a good start this weekend!

i'll be keeping you in my thoughts tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow. I will hold onto hope since you so clearly have none. :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow. I'll be sending good thoughts and saying prayers. Good for you for doing the interview, as well. It's something that should be talked about a lot more. I hope you do get a link (or maybe it will show up on the TV station website), because I would love to watch it. Does doing the interviews announce to people IRL where are you in your cycle, which you were trying to avoid?

Megan said...

Good luck tomorrow. Way to go on the media debut!!!

barrenisthenewblack said...

I want to see your interview! Thanks for taking one for the infertility team.
Good luck tomorrow...errrrr .....break an ovary?
I'm thinking of you.

Mrs. Flakey Flakes said...

Too bad I live on the other side of the country. I would have liked to see that interview! I hope everything goes great for you today!

Jody said...

Good luck tomorrow, Karen. I hope all goes perfectly.

Bea said...

I'll go with your optimism any day. Got good luck vibin' over to you!

Bea

Bea said...

P.S. Yes please about the interviews if you can manage it!

Bea

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you today...hope you can update when you have a chance.