Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dear John

It's not you, it's me.

Heh. Actually, the break up with The Hatchery went better than I thought. The nurse happened to call me to see if I was still planning to start my IVF cycle in a week and a half. I didn't say, "Well, yes, but not with you!" I instead fudged the truth slightly and said that just that week my insurance had taken an odd little twisty turn and now I was on a plan that didn't cover them, and if I went to them it would be out of network, etc. etc.

She was super nice about it and said that it made a LOT more sense for me to go back to Ye Olde Fertility Clinic and told me to get my records (small as they are) sent back over to them and to let her know how things turned out, etc.

Such a lot of stress for nothing.

Meanwhile, BCPs are making me a blubbering mess, AND I'm all crampy and icky and having spotting/breakthrough bleeding, so I'm not even having the benefit of no period! Hello? The whole POINT of back to back pill packs is to avoid all of the PMSy period stuff! Gah. This is completely unfair.

But ... things are moving along. I got all my drugs for the IVF cycle yesterday. My copay for everything was $125. Not too shabby. And I've got refills on everything, which rocks. I still don't know when I'm supposed to start the Lupron. Waiting for that day is agonizing. Hello? When is that going to happen? SIGH.

1 comments:

amber said...

i'm glad your "breakup" with the hatchery went so smoothly. but, i'm sorry that the bcp is giving you such a hard time. :(