Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Lupron!

Turns out, my nurse had emailed me a protocol and Lupron start date... oh... Friday and Saturday. And she'd updated it on Monday. Turns out, I was supposed to have started the Lupron on Monday. Whoops.

See, and I hadn't wanted to be a big pest about it, even though on Friday she had said she was going to definitely work on the protocol and email it to me and sure had make it sound like she was going to have it that day. I just figured that she was getting push back from the doctor or the clinic calendar or something. And I feel like I pester her enough, so I hadn't wanted to keep bugging her.

Well, it turned out she'd been spelling my email address wrong, but it hadn't been bouncing back to her, so some other perky chick is getting emails about IVF protocols from some random nurse at Ye Olde Fertility Clinic wondering what the *bleeping bleep* this is all about!

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I was supposed to have started Lupron on Monday. Um, whoops? That's okay, there was no frickin' way I could have picked up my drugs on Monday anyway. Monday was a cluster-*bleep* of a day, the worst possible of Mondays, and I was a total, blubbering mess, incapable of coping with life. (Hey! It turns out, that's thanks to the estrogen in the pill... isn't it going to be fun when I start taking estrace at egg retrieval time?? Whee!)

So I'm going to take the Lupron as soon as I get home (was supposed to be this morning). Then I'll take it around noon tomorrow. And Friday I'll take it in the AM on schedule. This will get me back on schedule. And Friday will be the last day I have to take this God-forsaken BCP. The thing I'm REALLY bitter about is that if I'd known I was to start Lupron on Monday, TONIGHT would be my last BCP!! Gah.

0 comments: