Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Mock Turtle Soup

I had my mock embryo transfer. I now have a mock embryo on board. I will love him, and hug him, and call him George. I hope he will grow into a perfect little mock fetbryo some day.

But seriously, folks. It turns out, I still have a uterus. Go figure. And ovaries. And hey! My ovaries? They're stiiiiiiill perky! Who knew? And I once again got called meshuga by SuperDoc. He told the nurse who was there that I wanted to put back 5 embryos, but he talked me down to 4. Yeah. Something like that.

Anyway, if I can get my test results transfered over to Ye Olde Fertility Clinic from The Hatchery right quick, I should be able to get this show on the road really quickly. It's incredible how quickly YOFC moves.

I didn't ask SuperDoc about not doing the Lupron protocol - Dr. McB at The Hatchery was planning on using an antagonist protocol instead of a Lupron protocol to avoid OHSS. Dr. McB's belief is that Lupron is partly responsible for OHSS issues in patients with my profile. I thought about mentioning this theory to SuperDoc, but he is confident that he can keep my risk under control, and I am confident in his experience, and I don't feel like playing back-seat-doctor in his office right now. I am all set to start Lupron as soon as the doc gives the go ahead, which will be as soon as I have my pap smear, ID blood work, and HSG report all sent over from The Hatchery. Whoo Hoo.

Oh, and I confirmed financials with the insurance company last night. No preauthorization required. SuperDoc is an authorized in-network doctor, so I can just go ahead and do whatever I want. Copay is ridiculous - $40 per visit, $1500 coinsurance for the IVF, etc. But it could be much, much, much worse. I could have no coverage at all. Drug coverage is $50 per prescription, so my nurse is going to call in a LOT of medication, rather than making me get refills as I go along. I love her. :)

That is all. Love to all, from the perky one.

9 comments:

Mindy said...

Congratulations. I'm glad things are working out at YOFC. It is amazing how fast things can move once you get started. FWIW, I've felt pretty fortunate in the insurance coverage I had for my IVFs, but your's is MUCH better!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on George!

How exciting! I can't wait to follow this story!

What Lisa cooks said...

wow, it's all happening! congrats on getting the ball rolling!

Jessica said...

I love George. I also Love Mock Turtle soup... You're TOTALLY in luck.

amber said...

so great! still wishing you all the best :)

Sam said...

I named my chicken George and very few people understood why. Especially since George is a hen. And yes, I am talking about a real, live chicken that lives in the hen house in my backyard.

Anonymous said...

I am glad the ball is rolling. Nice to meet you, George! ;)

Beth said...

Fantastic news! :) That is really great about your coverage... we had to pay out-of-pocket and since I had a lovely fibroid I couldn't do "shared risk". Fortunately (in sooo many ways!!!) IVF #1 worked.

As always, thanks for sharing your experiences. I think I'll be going down the path for bambino #2 this summer! All the best!

Anonymous said...

You sound happy, almost punchy. Glad the path feels right.