Thursday, January 29, 2009

Scheduled

Trigger Shot: 5:15am tomorrow morning (1/30/2009)
Nothing to eat after: 10:15am Saturday (1/31/2009)
Nothing to drink after: 1:15pm Saturday
Arrive at Ye Olde Fertility Clinic: 3:45pm Saturday
Retrieval time: 5:15pm Saturday (1/31/2009)

I was getting nervous - I hadn't heard from the clinic with a trigger time by 6:25pm. Their offices close at 5pm. I wasn't sure what to do. Should I wait for their call? Should I page the doctor on call? Should I figure it out by myself? What to do?

I called in reinforcements. I called Mel. I called Leah. I asked advice. Both advised I call the doctor on call, and though I felt ridiculous, I did have him paged. Not one minute after I got off the phone with the answering service, my cell phone rang and it was the OR Scheduler from Ye Olde Fertility Clinic with my trigger information. Crap. Anyway, at least I got all the information, right?

And so 15 minutes later when the doctor called back, he was very nice when I told him I got the information I needed. "Good luck," he said.

Good luck, indeed.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I was closer, I would drive you!

Leah said...

Glad we got it all straightened out. Good luck, indeed!

Sunny said...

What a schedule and a late retrieval. Yep, they take FOREVER to call. I got worried every time but they always called. Once they called and I was still at work. I had 40 min. to make it home and trigger. I was STRESSED!

Praying!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I still say having them deal with an extra call is still better than having timing go to shit. I'm glad you got an answer AND that it's a late retrieval.

Ann and Tim said...

They DO take forever to call! Just when you need more stress...

Good luck!!!!! My thoughts are with you!!

Jen said...

Good Luck! I'll be thinking about you tomorrow!

Meghan said...

Thinking of you!!

Mrs. Flakey Flakes said...

Good luck today. I'm thinking of you!