Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pardon my French

So, um, I'm kind of an idiot.

So last night I was seriously considering taking no meds for two days until tomorrow's appointment and just throwing in the towel on this cycle. I meant it, too. But, as I said last night, I'm not a rebel. I'm a good girl who does what she's told.

Unfortunately, I'm also a tired girl, who's getting terrible headaches and therefore apparently can't keep everything straight.

I just took my Follistim and my Luveris. But. Um. I forgot that I'd taken it at 6pm between getting home from one appointment and rushing off to my evening class. Originally I'd been planning to just wait until after the class because I didn't think I'd have time (I didn't really have time, but I'd managed to squeeze it in, since 6pm is my normal time to take it and I do hate to be off schedule).

I completely forgot I took it at 6pm and stuck to my original plan to take it after class. Um. Whoops?

So my husband's a pharmacist, so I'm sitting there thinking that maybe he can impart some words of wisdom, or at least comfort. Maybe he can tell me that I'm not going to grow an eleventh toe or a third head (wait, um, how many heads do I have?), or turn purple with green spots because of this.

"So I did something really bad."
"Yeah?"
"You saw me take my meds just now?"
"Yeah..."
"I also took them at six."
*stifling a laugh, badly, I might add*
"Wow, your head must hurt like a motherf*cker."
"Yeah, um, thanks hon."

Given that overly empathetic response, and the obvious professional concern he had for my physical well-being, I can only assume that I will not die a gruesome death from this error on my part.

Whoopsie.

Now all I have to figure out is whether to own up to my error to the doc tomorrow...

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh, I'm sorry you're that tired. I was always obsessing over the timing of my meds and triple checking the amounts. I goofed with my folistim once and I was so worried about what the doc would say, but my nurse was nice about it and it turned out not to be a problem. So, I'd own up to it tomorrow. I have to confess your husbands response is hysterical -- had me laughing out loud. Good luck tomorrow!

Megan said...

uggghh. I'm always worried about doing something like that. Tell the doctor. Maybe he will adjust something?

Sunny said...

I am sure you have already been to the doc this morning but once I totally messed up my shot I told my nurse. She said it is so close to the end it won't matter. BIG HUGS though. That feeling is the worse feeling ever.

amber said...

oh, this isn't funny... except that your husband's comment? it's really funny!

hope you're having a better day today.

battynurse said...

I took a bunch of extra once on my last cycle. The box said it was 450IU vial so I took the whole vial. Turns out there was like almost 550 in the vial. That was on day 1 of stims too. Husbands comment though was pretty funny.