Monday, March 23, 2009

And.... canceled

  • Trigger shot tonight.
  • Bloodwork in a week to check my P4 (you know, to make sure I actually DID ovulate. Because with 10,000 units of hCG in my system, you know, I might not. Because this is ME!).
  • Start Lupron April 1 (April Fool's, anyone?)
  • Expect period... oh, around April 6th or 7th.
  • Probably return for Lupron Evaluation around April 8th.

Er, at least we think.

What doesn't jive is that SuperDoc had said something about there being three weeks involved somewhere. But my nurse doesn't have any idea what he's talking about. So for the moment, she's going with the theory that I'm starting Lupron April 1 (this part we're clear on) and then waiting for my period and doing a new LE and getting this show on the road.

Um, except Passover starts the night of April 8th. So... starting stims April 8th? Not the best timing...

Frick.

And now I need a new label... do I call this upcoming cycle IVF#2 again since well, IVF#2 never actually came to fruition? Do I call it IVF#2.5 since it's not quite exactly the first time I started out trying that cycle? Do I call it IVF#3 which seems disingenuous since I never made it to the IVF part of IVF#2? Help!

23 comments:

N said...

IVF2.1. Or 2.2 if you need to. *hugs*


(stranger here from earlier LFCA post, no stranger to bodies not acting as expected. here's hoping it decides to play nice this time.)

Ariel said...

Ya, I'm going for 2.2, kinda like software :)

Hopeful Mother said...

I also "like" v.2.2, although I don't like that you got cancelled. Darn.

Emily said...

Oh crap! I am so sorry to hear this. I like 2.2! I am sorry you still have to trigger - I hate trigger!

Anonymous said...

I like IVF Part Duex.

Eb said...

how about IVF # this had better work or I will go frikkin postal you hear

or 2.1 because it is less than 2.2. yeah i don't know anything about software

sorry your having a sucky time. me too. empathy all round.

Anonymous said...

I think I might be headed down the same path . . .

Jen said...

sorry it got canceled!!! you could always change the canceled cycle to IVF 1.5, and this one could still be IVF 2. 2.1 is also nice, though...

Jamie said...

I'm so sorry you got canceled. :(

I vote for IVF 2.2. It has a nice ring to it. :)

Anonymous said...

Bummer. Well at least you can head right back into things relatively quickly. I'd call it IVF v2.2 :)

Beth said...

2.2 sounds good. thinking of you.

by the way, my mouth seriously waters every time i hear about your baked goods. wish i worked in that dr's office! :)

Thalia said...

Ms P, sorry to hear about being cancelled. It's been a tough couple of months, hasn't it?

Btw your feed is really messed up. 23 posts came through this morning, but the latest was feb 28th. NO idea what's going on.

Thalia said...

also, given your reaction to lupron, why aren't they putting you on an antagonist protocol?

Jody said...

2.2 works for me.

Damn that it's necessary, though.

Anonymous said...

crappola. i'm sorry lady. as far as naming, i'd go with hopeful mother's suggestion. v2.2

Ginger said...

v2.2 is good. However, I like the ring of "the mulligan IVF"...

Egged Out said...

bummer!

I was going to suggest the Real IVF #2 but I like 2.2 better.

Leah Goodman said...

Just to be annoying - Why do you spell it the UK cancelled in some posts and the US canceled in others?!

and yeah 2.2.
I'm rooting for it to be IVF 2.2 with baby version 5.0

decemberbaby said...

I'd call it IVF 2.2

Sunny said...

Blah!!! Is what I think. I would call it 2.2. You weren't quite halfway. I have a 1/2 in mine. I always get to explain why. LOL

HUGS!

Bea said...

Usually at cyclesista we would list as "IVF #2 take 2". If that helps. We can go for v2.2 if you prefer, and people will hopefully get the hang of it once here! Do you want me to add?

But mostly I'm so sorry your cycle got cancelled. That pretty much sucks.

Bea

Anonymous said...

You hanging in there okay?
I think version-wise it would be correct to say v2.1. "Take Two" is what came to mind originally, though. I think it's just still #2.

Jody said...

Thought you'd be amused (or frightened?) to know that Bloglines updated your feed through this post as of today, April 14th.

What ghosts are living in that machine, anyway?