Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Lupron Eval and Fudge Delivery

Okay, so? How many of you thought I was wrong and there would be a mobile in Room 1 today? How many of you had more faith in Dr. S. than I did? Admit it! Well, you would all be wrong. Wrong, I say! He's off on a cushy vacation on some tropical paradise while his patients lie bored on a table staring at... a blank ceiling. Seriously.

What. Is up. With that?

Dude. Seriously? There are going to be serious consequences for this - and I don't just mean that he didn't get fudge today. I have on good authority that my fudge was pretty damn awesome, though I admit I wouldn't know myself. But no fudge for him!

Now to think up some appropriate consequences for him.

And now on to the fun stuff. My lining is nice and thin (5mm)- I'm told this is a good thing. Truthfully, I'm a sucker for data, and as much as I hoard it, this is one piece of information I've never paid much attention to - the starting lining thickness. I've never really much cared about it. Mine's always been fine and I've never much fretted about it (though I remember once or twice it was alarmingly thick... but whatever... it thinned out soon enough, so it was all good). Somehow very little about the whole fertility/IVF process feels intrusive to me anymore. But there's something about this doctor telling me the thickness of my endometrial lining that feels awfully... up close and personal. I know that sounds ridiculous. There I am with my legs up in stirrups, chatting away about mobiles and whatever. I've appeared on the local news, and spoken with a reporter for a national newspaper about my fertility issues. I write a blog about my daily cycle details for crying out loud. And yet, the thing that feels up close and personal is the thickness of my endometrial lining?

Go figure.

Anyway, whatever. My lining is good, my ovaries, they are quieter than I've ever seen them. Not so perky.

Much fudge was delivered. And I even delivered an adorable gift to my nurse. No, really!







Does it get cuter than this??






My nurse was already having a really tough day, even that early in the morning so, it turns out, I made her day. Go me. And the fudge was just a bonus.

"Admit it," I said, "You don't have any patients as cool as me."
"No way!"
"Aw, you're not just saying that are you?"
"Definitely not!"

Anyway, unless I hear otherwise from her, I'm to start Follistim 166IUs, and Luveris 50 units tonight. And tomorrow! Tomorrow! (I love ya, tomorrow!) I drop the Lupron to 10units! (You're only a Day! A!Way!)

(cue orchestra)

Ahem.

On a more serious note, Maryland sucks. Stay tuned for why.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I want fudge. What's the recipe?

amber said...

a lot of the nurses i work with have little stuffed toys representing the bacteria and viruses we work with. i LOVE the little egg and sperm. too dang cute!