Thursday, March 12, 2009

What's the Plan?

Anonymous asked, "So, what is the intended schedule for the next few weeks?"

Since I assume "get a lot of blinding headaches, have a retrieval and a transfer in there somewhere, and get devastatingly bad news at some point" isn't quite the answer you were looking for, I'll run down the projected protocol my nurse confirmed with me.

3/11 - Lupron starts. Got it.
3/13 - Last BCP. Thank heaven.
3/16 - Expect menses. (I hate that word. I don't know why.)
3/17 - Lupron Eval. (BW/US). Start Stims (Follistim 166 Units, Luveris 50units). Drop Lupron dose to 10 units (confirmed today)
3/26 - Trigger Injection (projected)
3/28 - Retrieval (projected)
3/31-4/2 - Transfer (projected)

Note the cosmic joke, here... another Saturday retrieval projected. Last time I had a projected Saturday retrieval, I thought, "Yeah, but what are the odds of that actually going as planned?" And I even got my period a day earlier than projected and I thought, "Ha! See? No Saturday retrieval for ME!" And then? I still had the Saturday Retrieval. As planned.

Now seriously. If something simply must go as planned, can't it be the "getting pregnant" part?*

--------------
*I actually have to give credit to Decemberbaby for that line.

3 comments:

Kitty said...

I hate the word "menses" too and it is because it sounds like something out of 17th century Puritans would have used to refer to a taboo topic. It's archaic.

Anonymous said...

We are going to be on pretty close schedules. I have no idea when CD1 will actually. But I would give my right arm to end up with a Saturday retrieval!! So, I can hope for a Friday retrieval for you, and you can hope for a Saturday retrieval for me. Deal?

Beth said...

3/28 is Adam's 2nd birthday... a good day (albeit a Saturday) for a retrieval... in my eyes, at least. :o)