Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ninety Nine (edited, twice)

What? No, really, WHAT?

99?

That's my estrogen level. Seriously, when I'm not on Lupron and I have actively growing follicles, I barely have estrogen that high.

Now I have the most boring looking ovaries I've ever seen, I'm on 20 units of Lupron a day, and... what? My estrogen is double what it needs to be?

Stupid body.

No Follistim or Luveris tonight. No dropping the Lupron dose in the morning. Status Quo for now. Return for re-check on Friday. Yeah. I can't believe I failed the Lupron Eval. Man.

Edited to Add: Shit, wait, you don't think it was the Nectar of the Gods, do you? Seriously, I really only had one a day. Once I had two in one day. But seriously? One 12 ounce can a day can't have done me in. Could it?

Edited, Again: Yes, it could potentially have been the increase in caffeine level that affected my estrogen level. I will note, however, that I drank probably 4-7 cans of coke per day while doing my six IUIs and never had any affect on my estrogen level. Admittedly, back then I simply had a constant blood level in my caffeine stream. Perhaps I am more sensitive to caffeine now than I was then, since I nearly never drink caffeine anymore (I don't ever drink coffee or tea and I hadn't had a coke in months before the last couple weeks). Should I ask my doctor about it? Meh. Possibly, but I'm simply going to cut out the Coke and suffer through the headaches until Friday.

As for whether I need another re-check before Friday - not really. He's leaving it until Friday to give the Lupron more time to work. The only reason to get a recheck before Friday would be if there were serious concern about over-suppressing me between now and then, and there is not that concern. It's just a few more days lost on my schedule, is all. But all that means is that my beta isn't going to fall on Pesach - which it was going to do before - so now at least I won't have to push that off. Right? See? Silver linings all around.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes only one can per day, but maybe it is the difference in caffeine intake that did it?

You really ought to ask the doctor. It might sound silly, asking about a can of Coke, but it could be information that could explain things and influence treatment.

Since the estrogen level is not in your usual range, maybe a re-check sooner than Friday is in order? Errors do occur.

Anonymous said...

Yes, and it was to your mentioning of it that I responded. My intention was to respond to your question.

Meghan said...

so sorry you're still stuck taking the evil lupron. Here's to Friday coming quickly for you

battynurse said...

Well, I hope that Friday's results are more in line with where they need to be. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Now we aren't in sync anymore. Sigh.

Unknown said...

Bah, that sucks! I had that happen to me, and had to re-do the lupron eval like 4 times (before they had to just trigger me and have me start over on the next CD1). Hopefully the lupron will do it's job without killing your head in the process!