Saturday, March 14, 2009

Ch-ch-ch- changes!

So? Do you love it? Do you love my new blog layout? The fabulous Ms. Hilary delivered a lovely new blog layout for me and I love it! I love me some polka dots. (Now if only I'd been able to find myself a nice silhouetted picture of a clown car to have used as a graphic... Oh well!)

Another change I've made - I added email subscriptions to the blog. It seems that something gets all screwy with bloglines (and maybe also google reader). And I'm not sure why, so I certainly don't know how to fix it. Anyway, some people have told me that bloglines/google reader won't pick up my posts for days or weeks at a time and then suddenly 15 or so will all pop up at once! I know that my google reader feed of this blog seems to stay properly updated, so it doesn't seem to be everyone, but I'm not sure what to do about it. So if you're having this problem and you DO want to read the blog more regularly - might I suggest you subscribe via email so you are notified when new posts go up? It should not create extra spam (none of my other blogs create extra spam from the email subscription service - I purposely subscribed to my own blogs to make sure of it), and will only send you one email per day that I update (so even if there are multiple posts in a day, it will put them all together in one email).

So there you have it.

I hope that helps?

11 comments:

Beth said...

I do love it! So cheerful! :)

battynurse said...

I love it. It's great. I use google reader and I always get your updates. I have heard though from others about not getting my posts through bloglines also.

Jamie said...

I love the new design!! :)

GibsonTwins said...

Looks great! Much easier to read also.

mommo4.5 said...

I love the new design!

Ginger said...

Love the new look! Kudos to your designer!! I am lucky enough to get your updates with no problems...thanks!

Rachel said...

Such a fancy new layout! Very cool.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

The new layout is lovely.

Malky B. said...

Love the new look especially the polka dots! Very appropriate.

Jendeis said...

Ooh, love the new design! I use Google Reader and have never had a problem with updates.

Jen said...

i LOVE the colors and the dots! so cute!!! ooohhh - and the little note at top - it's all adorable!