Monday, March 30, 2009

And Here We Go Again

So.

Here we are again. I have to be up in six hours to have bloodwork drawn to find out if I can start Lupron again for IVF#2 (Take 2) aka IVF 2.1 or whatever you want to call it.

So the bloodwork is simply a P4 check. To see if I ovulated. Because, you know, after all that, and after injecting my buttock with 10,000 units of hCG I just might not have ovulated, right? But I can tell you with absolute certainty that I ovulated. Why? Because I've been snapping at my husband for no good reason since Thursday. My saint of a husband who can literally do no wrong except for about 10 days before my period. Because I've been all sniffly and teary-eyed over the stupidest stuff.

Because I fired my cleaning lady 12 days before Pesach in a fit of rage at her inability to clean my house properly. Which, I should add, is nothing new. She hasn't been actually cleaning my house for about 2 years now (she's been working for me for four). Oh, but Friday morning she asked me for the nine-bazillionth time whether I'm pregnant yet. And I lost it. But I didn't fire her. No sirree. Because that would be stupid. But then I came home to discover that the outside of my oven was filthy and clearly hadn't been cleaned in weeks. So I called and fired her.

Twelve days before Passover.

Yeah. Because that's rational, right?

So I have little doubt that tomorrow Ye Olde Fertility Clinic will call and tell me that I have most definitely ovulated and that I am set to start the evil drug (Lupron) on Wednesday. And I should expect my period on, oh, about the most stressful day in the universe (next Monday or Tuesday). You know, right before Passover.

Did I mention that I fired my cleaning lady?

Twelve days before Passover?

And right before starting IVF #2 Take 2?

Yeah. If Ye Olde Fertility Clinic even tries to suggest to me tomorrow that I have not, in fact, ovulated yet, well, let's just say that heads will roll!

5 comments:

GibsonTwins said...

LOL about your cleaning lady, I don't even have any suggestions. I'm completely irrational most of the time so I could never tell when I ovulated by that. I hope you get this show on the road (again) soon so that you can get the bad lupron days behind you.

Jendeis said...

I'm sorry. What a pain in the behind.

Is there anything I could do to help? My best skills are in the laundry and running errands department, but whatever you need help in, I'm here for you. :)

Jody said...

I've got fliers for about six different cleaning services right now, they seem to come in every mail, and they all look to be regional/national, so you let me know ASAP if you need leads on a new cleaning crew.

Anonymous said...

It is very rational that you fired your cleaning lady right before Passover. She isn't cleaning properly, and you need proper cleaning done before the holiday. If you had kept her and relied on her to do the cleaning, you'd be paying her for cleaning that would still need to be done. This way, you will find someone, at least for a one-time cleaning, who will do the job.
In other words, what's rational about NOT firing a cleaning lady who isn't giving you the services you need? What's rational about keeping employed a cleaning lady who isn't actually cleaning when you need cleaning done for Pesach?

amber said...

Oh dear. It's like, when it rains, it pours. Hang in there....