Monday, March 23, 2009

Closer to Cancelled

Not to be confused with "Closer to Fine".

My lining, she is not wafer thin - she is 10.1mm and I have a lovely 18.6 follicle. Or maybe it's a cyst. But it's probably a beautiful follicle. We'll see what my estrogen is, but either way, it probably means triggering tonight and starting Lupron again in 9 days.

Dr. C. was covering monitoring today. I told him that the last time I saw him was when he was standing there, mouth agape while M (sonographer extraordinaire) was telling me there were three in there. "Oh my, was I the one who gave you that news?" Yep. Well, no. It was actually M. But yeah. He was the doc that day. And actually, I've seen him since, but I think only in passing. We had a lovely little chat and I showed off pictures of my kids.

And, of course, I delivered sour cream chocolate chip poundcake. Because I rock.

6 comments:

Meghan said...

You totally rock and you make me want to work at your clinic. That poundcake sounds fantastic.

So sorry about the cycle. Why don't things ever work the way they are supposed to??

GibsonTwins said...

Not to sound too uneducated....I know you don't want to chance twins at all. But if there is clearly only one follicle, even if they cancel the ivf cycle, could you try on your own or is that still a risk? Or maybe I'm missing something.

Jody said...

Argh. Why does this have to be so difficult!?

battynurse said...

Oh wow. That cake sounds good. It's probably good I don't work at your clinic or I'd gain a bunch of wait. You seem so calm. It I were looking at cancelled I'd be a melting mess.

Catherine said...

I'm so sorry your cycle was cancelled. I vote for calling it cycle 2.5.

I had to chuckle about your conversation w/Dr. C. I always liked him. It also made me laugh because I had never met the Dr. who was there to tell me that there were three on board. She was new and didn't make the best impression on me standing there shocked at how that usually doesn't happen.

amber said...

The poundcake sounds divine!