Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Like a sword

The pain ripping through my head is like a sword stuck into my head. Through my eyeball, perhaps. The pain is palpable.

I forgot this was what it would be like. My head hurt so much and I couldn't figure out why. Not my normal migraine. And then, then I remembered what I did this morning.


The news I've been trying not to say out loud, in case SuperDoc rips it away from me next week, is that it appears I'll have a reprieve this cycle. Last cycle I took 20 units prior to stims and stayed on 20 units after starting stims. But despite his original statement to me that this cycle we'd increase or stay the same on Lupron... it appears that this cycle I'm decreasing the Lupron dose to 10 units once I start stims.



That.... that would be lovely. If it happens. I hope it happens. I'm afraid it won't.

8 comments:

Hopeful Mother said...

I can honestly say that I have never felt consistently worse in my life, than the time I took Lupron for my IVF cycles. Just an overall hazy, in the clouds feeling with a lingering headache ALL THE TIME. Like I was walking around in someone else's body. Couldn't wait till it was over, so I know (somewhat) how you feel...

HaleyMarieOlson said...

I'm so sorry you are having headaches like that. I can't imagine they are too fun, not to mention pretty hard to concentrate! Thanks for answering my question on my blog :) I appreciate any and all thoughts on the subject. I think I am going to go ahead and push forward, and hope that like you said someone will be there to cover. Our testing is three days, tues, weds, thurs, and I usually OV on day 14 which would be thurs, but this is my first cycle with the shot, so I don't really know how that works so much, so hopefully like you said we could hold off a day or something...Good luck with the cycle! Crossing my fingers they decrease it for you :)

Hugs!
Haley
(over from cyclesista)

Meghan said...

oh, so sorry. Really hoping they decrease it for you, I know you're one tough cookie so if you say it's bad, it must be ;(

Anonymous said...

I guessed when I saw your headache post that some new med had started. Grrrr....hang in there.

lucky#2

Emily said...

Ahhh...nothing like the searing pain of a Lupron headache. Hoping you feel better soon and wishing you GL!

Emily
cyclesista

Rachel said...

How awful. I hope you feel better soon!

battynurse said...

Hope you feel better soon and that you do get to decrease the lupron with stims.

GibsonTwins said...

So sorry you got those awful headaches back. Even moreso that you know they are coming which would (for me) cause a headache in itself.

Thinking of you.