Friday, March 20, 2009

Stupid Body

Yeah, um, hello? Stupid body. Per SuperDoc, "Sometimes on Lupron you get the opposite effect that you're hoping for... What I was afraid of last time was that you're ovulating on your own despite the Lupron." Meanwhile, M (Sonographer Extraordinaire) was frowning. "She's thickening..." (referring to my endometrium, damn that endometrium!)

Seriously, how does this happen? I can't manage to ovulate on my own without the ovary-suppressing Lupron. Now I'm using Lupron to beat my perky ovaries into submission and what happens?? Goodness!

So instead of my endometrium staying wafer thin, it has thickened by .4mm. That may not seem like a lot to you, but it's enough to make my doctor frown and the student that was with him shrugged her shoulders in exasperation also. Oh, and my beaten-into-submission-non-perky-ovaries?

Riiiiiiiiggghhhhhtttt!!!

Two, count 'em, Two perfectly formed, gorgeous follicles. 12.4 and 14.7 mm follicles.

No numbers back on the estrogen level yet, but odds are good that it's gone up, not down. So the answer is to trigger with the hCG shot and then re-start Lupron 9 days later and then I'll come back for a re-check 2 weeks later. So we're looking at about a 3 week delay. Whee!

On the other hand, did I really want another summer pregnancy anyway?

8 comments:

Meghan said...

Well that just sucks. So sorry you've gone through all the Lupron s/e without getting the main one!!

Jendeis said...

I'm sorry hon. That stinks.

Anonymous said...

Man, you would think after all that maybe you could at least get out of the Lupron next time.

Sorry about the bad news!

Hopeful Mother said...

You should receive a medal after having taken Lupron and not getting anything useful out of having done so...!

Erin said...

Hey, I finally decided just to come over and lo and behold, my Bloglines still isn't updating this site! Argh.

Frick, re: the lupron. This isn't good news. I hope that the headaches will stop now.

Anonymous said...

How frustrating.

Two perfect follicles! Not only while taking Lupron for supression, but also without any drugs to stimulate the ovaries? Not even just one, but two? How?!

So, you'll end up ovulating? So, could you try to inseminate in the traditional manner?

If yes, except that it wouldn't be wise because there are two follicles and not only one, would it be worth it at all to do the next cycle without drugs and see whether you ovulate on your own next month?

Hope your Shabbat is headache-free.

decemberbaby said...

Dude, that sucks. Your ovaries should really learn to send you a memo when they're planning to do something dumb like this.

Shabbat Shalom!

Shelby said...

Bah. The same thing happened to me. :(