Monday, March 30, 2009

Good to Go

SuperNurse called. 

I said, "Please tell me my P4 doesn't say anything stupid today."

"It was 3.8, which"
"Thank G-d!"
"-which means that you ovulated."

"Right.  'Cause I gotta tell you, I've been acting all kinds of irrationally the last few days."

"uh huh.  And so... I'm supposed to say this is... different than usual?"

"Hey now!"

 

Yep, I love my nurse.  She rocks.

 

By the way, there still isn't a mobile in Room One.  I have to figure out what to do about this.  My current strategy of humor and cookie withholding is clearly not working.

 

Also, I peaked in on a bunch of cyclesista blogs from the list of when my IVF#2 started... and realized that right about now?  I should have been going to transfer.  And I'm not.  I'm starting all over.  It made my heart sink a little bit, for the first time.  I hadn't realized that I was a bit bummed about having this whole shebang get benched for a while.  Turns out?  I can't cover *everything* up with my sarcastic wit.

 

I am wishing all of you the best of luck with your retrievals, transfers, IUIs, and two week waits.  I hope every one of you gets a positive result and that I'm the only one left standing.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Just catching up on blogs (while breastfeeding, of course) after vacation and I wanted to say I'm sorry about IVF #2 being canceled. In my very limited experience, canceled cycles were really awful. Not even the slightest possibility of good news.

I really hope you find a new cleaning lady and LOTS of help pre-pesach. I'm just starting to plan for it and already feeling stressed (and our kitchen is literally 2 feet by 4 feet, so there's not all that much to do).

Barefoot said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling bummed about how this cycle went. It is so hard.

I love your nurse.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you luck with this one.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you luck as you start your new cycle.

Just thought I'd let you know that reading your blog helped me let go of my desire to have two embryos transferred.

We don't have a similar history at all, but when things go well my clinic prefers eSET and, even though I knew it made sense for me, it was hard not to insist they do two. Knowing that you're making the choice to do one no matter what the reason helped me. Thanks.

nishkanu said...

... and I'm hoping you're not left standing for very long.

Anonymous said...

What is the big deal with Pesach and kitchens?

amber said...

I'm so sorry it was cancelled. I really hope things work out with this one though - even amidst all the craziness you're goning through.