Thursday, February 5, 2009

Day 6

No transfer today. Moving to a Day 6 transfer (tomorrow).

I, personally, think this is really all rather rude. I was waffling this morning about moving my afternoon meetings. If I moved them, for sure I was going to end up rescheduled, right? If I didn't move them, I was going to end up with transfer staying on today's schedule and having to cancel my meetings at the last minute. So, at 6:45, I rearranged my calendar, just in case.

And then, on my way in to work, my nurse called.

"Hi Perky One..."
"Oh this can't be good."
"We're moving you to tomorrow."
"Oh for the love of Pete." (I admit I may have been, um, slightly less delicate than that)

Turns out, things are actually growing for a change (maybe we'll even have something to freeze? Did I just say that?), but they're growing slowly and unevenly and nothing's made it to blast yet.

So... we'll see what goes down tomorrow...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow- talk about drawing things out! Well at least you can rest after the x-fer over Shabbos. Thinking of you!

Jendeis said...

Hoping, wishing, praying.

Carol said...

murphy's law of fertility scheduling.

Keeping everything crossed for a least one little embryo that could!

Anonymous said...

it's so hard to keep having these dates change. even if it's for a good reason. we had our's changed three times and ended up with a day 6 transfer as well. good luck! i'll be sending all sorts of happy thoughts your way tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

All this fine-tuning seems sensible and makes me wonder how the Hatchery does those batches when obviously tailoring to individual response is needed.

What happens to those embryos that don't make it to freezing or transfer but are still considered viable?

The comment about resting on Shabbat sounds right on. Get everything ready for Shabbat TONIGHT so you aren't on your feet tomorrow rushing around before candlelighting after your transfer.

Shelby said...

Fingers are crossed for tomorrow. Hopefully everything keeps growing just right. Slow and steady... Bah.

Melanie said...

You didn't sound like you were concerned about having a 6 day transfer, so you can file this comment in the "um, superfluous information," file but...for what it's worth, my last IVF (#3) was a 6 day transfer of two blasts. Both implanted. Though I lost one twin at 8 weeks, the other is healthy and growing at 11 weeks. So, I'm a big fan of 6 day transfers. Best of luck to you!

battynurse said...

That's such a hard part of this. The scheduling and rescheduling etc. Hope tomorrows goes well.

Hopeful Mother said...

Hoping that all this waiting, scheduling and re-scheduling results in the very very best.

Sunny said...

Yep gotta love last minute. I had to cancel MANY parent/teacher conferences just in case I would transfer. Good think I did since I did just that. The cycle before almost landed on the first day of school. It is a killer leaving it up to the unknown.

You know I am rooting for you!!!!