Monday, February 9, 2009

No Cryo Report

I didn't hear whether there was anything to freeze. I wasn't surprised not to hear over the weekend, but I figured my nurse would call today. I didn't want to bother her with a phone call - Mondays are busy days (understandably).

But...

You know...

I mean...

It'd be nice to know.

Frankly, it sounds crazy but I'm half of a mind that I'd prefer there wasn't anything to freeze. Because...

1. if this cycle works (hah!)... well, then I don't have to worry about paying storage fees or worry about what to do if we decide we're done family building now. It's just done.

2. If this cycle doesn't work, I'd prefer to move on to a fresh cycle anyway. Let's face it, these embryos were slow-growing crappy embryos. I mean, I *love* them, and they're perfect in my eyes (just for the record should my future children ever read these posts... AHEM), but you know, they weren't optimal. Furthermore, my insurance doesn't cover FETs, which is phenomenally stupid. So it would actually cost me more to do an FET than a fresh cycle. Plus, if there was, say, only one that made it to freeze, what are the odds that it survives the thaw? Yeah.

I'll call tomorrow and ask. I just *hate* calling for something this unimportant. I know they're busy and it's not like this is time sensitive information. I can certainly wait until the next time I have to talk to my nurse for some other reason and ask her then. But I'd like to know. But, I could wait, right? Of course right. So what to do. Sigh. I know I'm a client. I know I pay a lot of money for a service. And calling them for one tiny piece of information shouldn't be a huge imposition. I just hate being a pain in the ass patient, so I try to avoid being one. And, um, I fail miserably at it.

But, you know, there's not much else to do in this ridiculous 2ww. Ladeedaa...

I had a HIGH-LARIOUS conversation today with Barren about how long I'm likely to hold out before POAS. I'd share it with you, but my husband already thinks I'm psychotic when it comes to the whole POAS topic. Plus, J (Marketing Supervisor Extraordinaire) might rat me out to SuperDoc and tell them I'm planning on cheating.

Not that I'm planning to, mind you. I'm planning on holding out until the beta on the 18th. But hello??? You all know me, right? Of course right. There is SO no way I'm holding out that long. I can't believe I haven't already POAS'd. Puh-lease.

8 comments:

Ariel said...

I'd probably have already done it :)

LJ said...

Call and ask? I would at this point

GibsonTwins said...

I love the way you write. It makes me laugh :)

I am a compulsive poas-er. I found a gold mine at dollar tree- they have peesticks! Though mine are all neg so far.

Meghan said...

I totally would have called by now.

And I am a POAS-enabler and will fully support you as soon as you decide to go for it. Have you made the obligatory trek to the Dollar store yet??

Jen said...

I bought all my POAS in bulk on line and starting PO them EARLY! :-)

Cherie said...

After my IVF cycle, I POAS every day after transfer until it went from positive to negative. I kept testing until it was postive again. That way I knew it couldn't be a false one!

I love reading this adventure you're on. You are far braver than me.

Lori said...

I was a POAS person with all my IUIs. The only time I didn't was my only positive after IVF. I did plan on testing before getting my beta so I would be preparred. Then I woke up and had to pee overnight and didn't think the test would be accurate. HA! I had so much hormone with a triplet pregnancy I could have passed any POAS test in the world. I say hold out at least until you are closer to the beta.

amber said...

patience is not my strong suit. i'd be POAS waaay before was possible to tell anything. no flames from me. ;)