Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Nothing to See Here, Move Along, Move Along

Finally heard back from SuperNurse. She didn't realize I hadn't gotten a call over the weekend (and apparently hadn't gotten to my email from yesterday). So all is forgiven and she has been re-established in my book of people who are allowed to have snickerdoodles next week. Maybe. You'll see why she may have fallen back out of status later.

Anywhozit, there was nothing to freeze. Everything tanked. Shocker. I know this is not an indication of whether George is resilient enough to have parked his little butt in place for the long haul, but it does give one pause, no?

.
.

Right. Well, I think that was enough of a pause. Anyway, it doesn't mean a darned thing. My clinic has some pretty strict standards for freezing, and I'm cool with that. A lot of clinics would have frozen right then and there when they transferred George.

My nurse wasn't worried that there was nothing to freeze, "because the six they transferred were real beauties, so I'm sure you're going to have a positive beta next week."


*blink*

Yeah, you read that right. SO not funny. She may *think* she's funny, but she's not.

I told her I was just proud of myself for not having peed on any sticks yet. "NO! DON'T PEE ON ANY STICKS!" she shouted through the phone!
"Oh for crying out loud, SuperNurse! I just told you I haven't! And I don't understand why you people get all ridiculous about not letting us pee on sticks - it's not going to change the result. Either I'm going to be pregnant on the 18th when I come in for my beta or I'm not - it's not like peeing on a stick will change that."
"Yeah, but then you get a stick that tells you you're pregnant, and then we have to tell you you're not, and then..."
"Well that doesn't change anything for me! I don't get all weird about it! Hello? I'M totally rational, you know me!"
"Well then by all means! Pee on all the sticks you want! Go buy a box of popsicle sticks if you want! Whatever makes you happy!"

If it weren't for that remark about the six transferred - she'd TOTALLY be on my cookie list right now.

6 comments:

amber said...

i think her little comment was pretty hilarious. yeah, i'd probably want to reach through the phone and strangle her, too if i were you, but still.

oh, and ever since you pointed out how the media can't seem to make the correct distinction between "transfer" and "implantation", it's all i can hear. it's driving me up a wall and it's never something that would have annoyed me before. ha!

battynurse said...

I think her comments pretty funny too but then I can see why you didn't see the humor in it.

pyjammy pam said...

the 18th?!? how am i going to be able to wait that long??? i used the internet cheapies for when i was TTC back in the day. ahhh, good times.

Jen said...

okay, i sure hope those sticks get there tomorrow - i'm dying here waiting for you to poas!!!! i wanna poas for you! (of course mine would definitely be neg...but that's how badly i NEED you to poas!!) :) go pee!!!!!

Cindy said...

OMG I am going to pee on a freaking stick for you, I can't wait that long!
And BTW, I think I peed on a million sticks while TTC. If I had that $$$ back in my pocket...well, lets just say I spent a lot on those danged tests.

Bea said...

I'm sorry about your other embryos.

Bea