Sunday, February 1, 2009

Fertilization Report

Good news today as well.

Expectations for a fertilization rate are that 50-75% of the mature eggs retrieved will fertilize. So if all 10 of the eggs retrieved yesterday had been mature (unlikely), we'd expect 5-7 of them to fertilize by today.

Of the 10 that were retrieved, 9 were mature (we expect that one of them was post-mature... remember that 25.9 follicle?)

Of the 9 mature eggs yesterday -

I have 9 two-celled embryos today.

Honestly, a girl can't ask for better news than that, can she? I think I actually shed some tears.

I'm still in a fair bit of pain - but it's worth it.

13 comments:

Meghan said...

Fantastic!!!! So happy for you guys

Sorry about the pain though. Hope you're taking as easy as you can today.

Steph said...

Awesome news!!! I'm so glad this is all turning to be so much better than you thought... well minus the pain part.

Anonymous said...

Yippee! Grow embryos, grow! I'm glad it's going better than you expected.

decemberbaby said...

WOW. That's incredible!

Helene Eichenwald Slutsky said...

I would like to point out that 9 two celled embies is CHAI....you rodk mama

Jen said...

That is wonderful news!

Mrs. Flakey Flakes said...

Awesome news!!!

Lori said...

Wow! I had 9 retrieved, 7 or 8 mature. Only 3 of mine fertilized. Of course, those 3 embryos are now 2.5 years old so I guess all of them were pretty good. Batting 100% with fertilization is awesome!

Beth said...

Such fabulous news!!! Yay!!!

Anonymous said...

Amazing!!

Rachel Inbar said...

Amazing!!!

Shelby said...

Yay!! Ok, so I haven't been commenting because I just realized I had forgotten to add your link to my list of "must reads!". Bad girl!

Congrats on the interviews- have ot see if I can find them. And congrats on the 9 mature!! You already smashed what I had!!

Jen said...

awesome!!! i'm so very happy for you!!!